Friday, March 13, 2009

Cleaning your bottles and filtering your water

I was happy to know my family has been using the Sigg bottles I bought them for Christmas, yet they've brought up a couple criticisms:

1) Drinking hot coffee from a Sigg can be dangerous idea if you're not wearing oven mitts on your hands
2) Cleaning a Sigg isn't so easy, after all

My solutions:
1) I wouldn't drink my hot tea from a Sigg and risk burning my hands, but I would also prefer not to use disposable paper or styrofoam alternatives. I say- buy or make a holder! I linked, in an earlier post, evidence of the new trend to knit bottle holders. I also found some cool handmade bottle holders like this one on www.etsy.com :




2) I fill my Sigg with soapy water, cover, shake, and leave overnight. This may be ineffective. 
I would suggest to use one of these scrubby brushes, made originally for... potatoes. 




H2Ox2.com also sells this $12 brush specifically for metal bottles 


... I would agree that scrubbing the inside of your bottle is probably pretty important.



ALSO! FOR ANYONE WHO DRINKS TAP WATER!
I found this clip on YouTube, convincing me to replace my broken Brita filter. Please watch and enjoy- it's a short clip that can be fast forwarded through.



2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    In my point of view in those day,s the peoples are used plastic bottles more frequently.Your blog is tells us excellent information about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really looking very attractive. Thanks for giving such nice information.

    ReplyDelete