Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dave Sent Me an Article

Original Post: Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A friend of mine, Dave, refills his Vitamin Water bottle with tapwater every morning before class. I remind him to buy an aluminum Sigg water bottle, and he rolls his eyes at me, thinking my anti-plastic bottle mission is a bad reaction to propaganda.

However,

Dave sent me the link to this article, "What Plastics Do to Your Body." http://www.care2.com/greenliving/what-plastics-do-to-your-body.html

This article discusses many of my concerns surrounding plastic water bottles. It identifies which number imprints we should be avoiding on our plastic products, and the health risks tied to BPA use. I'm concerned. If the FDA has identified BPA as a harmful toxin, as have the Canadian government and the National Health Institute (in America), why are we consumers not more conscious about the plastics we're purchasing?

Read the article. It's a good quickie.

I'm now taking note of the plastic-wrapped foods I'm buying from Shaw's (or Meijers, or Kroger... wherever you live). And styrofoam will be a no-go. I want to further investigate the toxin amounts in Nalgene bottles, and how paranoid we should be about using any plastic. I would hate to throw out all the plastic forks in my dorm room.

No comments:

Post a Comment