Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Alarmed!

Original Post: Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Beginning this blog, I want to put out there that I do already feel alarmed by the issue of toxins in plastics, particularly in water bottles. While I hope to find research proving that Nalgene or Aquafina bottles aren't so bad after all, I also expect to find great contrasts in research on this topic.

I want the Coca Cola capitalist and eco- green opinions on here to get the most well-rounded idea of what's happening. We as consumers need to be educated about harmful products, and if we need to be pulling from trends like using plastics, we should start now.

I encourage you all to be alarmed and check out this issue with me. Meanwhile, I'll be here wondering whether my aluminum water bottle was an unnecessary investment.

Melanie

2 comments:

  1. would you give me the website the gracious lady gave us while we were obnoxiously debating this issue in the middle of the northface store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her name is Julia Girdler, and she began H2Ox2 (www.H2Ox2.com) last April. She keeps up a blog on her site and sells personalized Sigg bottles on her site. She's incredibly well versed on this issue- you should check her blog.

    http://www.h2ox2.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete